Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sweet Holidays (Sneak Peek!)

We are sailing full-steam-ahead, it seems, into the holiday season. With Thanksgiving only 8 days away now, I'm seriously starting to think about Christmas and getting very, very excited!! Our family has quite a few Christmas traditions that liven up the season, including making gingerbread houses. Sometimes we make one big one together, and sometimes we each make a tiny one to form a little town. I like the little ones the best, I think, because the personality of each one's maker really shines through. The houses don't always come out pretty -- LOL -- but they do always come out tasty! :-)

Speaking of gingerbread houses, I have a yummy sneak peek card to share with you today!


On the front of the card, I used the upcoming "Gingerbread House" digi along with one of the sweet greetings from the coordinating Gingerbread Sentiments set. I colored the image with Prismacolor markers, and added Stickles glitter to make the icicles shine. The fun paper in the background is a piece that a friend sent me. I have no idea who makes it, but I thought it was a perfect pairing for this image, with the snowflakes along the top and the sweet little trees along the bottom.

On the inside of the card, I used the "Gingerbread Couple" digi set. These images, too, were colored with Prismacolor markers.

All of these sweet digis will be available in the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps online store starting tomorrow. There will also be a new FREEBIE digi available for the duration of the day, so please don't forget to stop by!

Hugs,
Deedee

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is just adorable! I love these images...we enjoy having gingerbread house parties during the holidays. We make the houses ahead of time and then invite friends over to decorate, and everybody brings candy to share.

    Fabulous job on this card! It really does look like real gingerbread!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! How cute is that!?!?!?! Love how you used the people on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Deedee! I love the house and the little gingerbread couple is so cute:) Last year my mom and I started the tradition of making gingerbread cookies with my kids, it's such a fun time:)

    ReplyDelete