Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bear Hug

I'll let you in on a little secret...I have always longed to have a window seat. Ideally, it would be in a bedroom complete with a turret in an old Victorian home. Picture it...a beautiful area off to the side of a bedroom with a window seat covered in big, soft pillows. A perfect spot to curl up with a novel, a sketchbook...or even a place to sit and daydream. Sigh...as much as I adore Victorian homes, I'm not about to take on the financial commitment of renovating and restoring one! Perhaps someday. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my house and feel very blessed to have it! We can all have dreams though, right?

Well, this is just one of the reasons I fell in love with this image from Sweet 'n Sassy Digital Stamps. Just look at that window seat!! This is called "Bear Hug" by Deedee Anderson, and it is just absolutely adorable.



As always, I printed the image on Neenah cardstock and coloured with my Copics. I sponged all the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink...actually, I inked the American Crafts ribbon with it as well. The sentiment is part of the "Bear Sentiments" set. Finally, I added some Star Dust Stickles to the image and to the Prima Hydrangeas.


By now you know the drill! Thursdays are Digi Day on the Sweet 'n Sassy SNR group. Korin has something very exciting planned for the challenge today! She will be giving away a freebie for joining us (you must play along by 10pm EST tonight for the freebie), PLUS she'll be drawing one lucky winner who plays along by Monday morning to win a $10 digi credit to the store!! It all begins around 10:00 am EST. There is bound to be some great conversation and some gorgeous cards posted, so don't miss out on the fun!

Blessings,

Melanie

Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Stamps, "Bear Hug" and "Bear Sentiments"
Paper: Neenah Cardstock, My Mind's Eye, SU
Ink: Copic markers, Antique Linen Distress Ink
Embellishments: Star Dust Stickles, Prima Hydrangeas, Dew Drops, American Crafts Ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Mel, beautiful card. I always love how you color animals (fur). Your coloring really rocks. I still can't get it to look right, lo.

    Love the colors too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Mel! I can almost feel how soft and cuddly those teddies are from your colouring! And love your sparkly flowers too ... I'll have to remember that tip to add some stickles!

    ReplyDelete