Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Vintage Santa

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing a quick and easy card I created using a soon-to-be-released image from a brand new holiday set! Isn't this the cutest santa image? Once I had him colored I knew I had to go vintage so I got to work first on aging my cardstock. I did that by adding some faux stitching using a sewing tool and creates small indents in the cardstock and then using Distress Ink to add a bit of brown ink to the edges of my image panel.

This sweet image is paired with lovely vintage paper from Kaiser Craft, some twine, and a tiny sage colored snowflake. The open scallops on the top and bottom of my middle band were created using a Martha Stewart punch. The sentiment, which I think has a vintage looking font, stamped in black finished off my card! I should also mention that this is an unusual card size, measuring 3.25" x 5.5"...it was a piece of kraft cardstock that, folded in half, became the perfect card base for Mr. Claus...love when that happens. :-)

Enjoy and keep your eyes peeled for the announcement of all the new sets!!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE all the red :). This card totally suits the image :). Great job, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute and I love the country feel to it!

    ReplyDelete